Dennis Kucinich: Southern border wall is a waste of money
Candidate for Ohio governor Dennis Kucinich says on ‘Hannity’ that he would prefer border wall funds be used on infrastructure like bridges and roads.
Every once and awhile, Dennis The Menace Kucinich comes up with something half way constructive to add to the controversy. I think he is partially right.
If and when THE WALL is built, will it completely stop all of the illegals from entering the USA?? Absolutely not.
If there are areas along the boarder that do not have a wall built, regardless of how hostel the area may be, what prevents the illegals, if they want it bad enough, to get to the open spots and walk right through??
Trump says wall may not need to cover entire U.S.-Mexico border to cover entire U.S.-Mexico border
(Reuters) – President Donald Trump said the wall he wants to build on the 2,000-mile (3,200-km) U.S.-Mexico frontier may not need to cover the entire border because of existing natural barriers, according to remarks released by the White House on Thursday.
Is there a bullet proof solution to keeping out illegals?? Hell no.
There may be a few ways to try and convince unwanted visitors to the USA to stay out.
# 1 by constructing electrified fence that penetrates the ground about 30′ deep, so they can not dig under it, or prohibits anyone even getting close to it. With today’s technology, I am sure it is possible.
Publicize its existence thoroughly to make sure there are no frivolous lawsuits.
The fence would cost a fraction of the concrete walls. Sooner or later, they will get the hint, that the the lack of gain is not worth the pain.
Being we know that the possibly lethal options are not feasible, we must make the best of the situation without blowing billion$ of dollar$ and coming away with air.
I don’t care how the wall is constructed, in what shape or what form. If they want it bad enough, they will circumvent the problem.
Remember the Vietnamese old say; where there is a wall, so goes the guys with a skinny pole.
I would not be surprised in the least if there were people in Mexico already practicing how to use the pole.
Whatever the cost is, it is not going to be worth it when the results will not be even 75% fool proof?
The following are some of the estimates to construct this behemoth.
Though U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) warns that “any estimates of the total border wall cost are premature,” here is a range of estimated dollar amounts culled from U.S. media:
- $8 billion, says the National Precast Concrete Association, whose estimate doesn’t take into account the cost of acquiring land.
- $12 billion, Trump has said.
- $12 billion to $15 billion, say Sen. McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin).
- “Republicans expect the final price tag for the wall could be more than $20 billion,” according to Politico.
- An internal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) report acquired by Reuters “estimated that fully walling off or fencing the entire southern border would cost $21.6 billion—$9.3 million per mile of fence and $17.8 million per mile of wall.”
- “I’ve got, I don’t know, six or seven different papers on my desk,” White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told a conservative radio talk show. “I’ve got one that goes, starts at $8 million per mile. It goes up to about $25 million per mile. So again, it just depends on, when you’re talking about across 2,000 miles or so, what you decide to build in what areas.” The U.S.-Mexico border is just under 2,000 miles, but using Mulvaney’s ballpark figure and that per-mile amount yields a border-wide cost of $16 billion to $50 billion.
- After receiving a staff briefing from CBP officials, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Missouri), the ranking Democrat on the Senate Homeland Security Committee, extrapolates the $36.6 million per-mile cost of the administration’s 2018 request, and comes up with $66.9 billion.
A very long time ago I came to the conclusion, there are no solutions to some problems. The best we can do, is only the best we can do, to control them with the least amount of collateral damage.
Another approach to the dilemma; hire 10 times as many boarder guards as we already have and make the penalties for illegal entry a lot more severe than just sending the intruders back where they came from.
Think of what can be done with 66.9 billion dollar$; especially knowing, there is a huge possibility, it may not be the solution to the problem.
It clearly won’t be that type. My favorite of the mock ups I’ve seen to date is the one with a rolling drum that even navy seals with only alien tactical gear would be able to broach, Thanks for the contact, I’m saving your site as a favorite.
That’s what I like people with a good taste. Semper Fi
P.S. Dennis Kucinich is a Marxist Thug. Perhaps he’s a communist, he wants the country to go vegan, I shit you not, source right here. Dennis Kucinich