I think we all know the answer to that question. #Genuine, #legitimate #martial-arts #practitioners regardless of their rank, practice what they preach by setting stellar examples for others to follow.
Yesterday in one of my post, I made mention of Putin being staunch supporter of the martial arts and a #8th-degree #black-belt in Judo.
Vladimir Putin (Russian President, 2000–2008 and 2012–; Russian Prime Minister, 2008–2012): Putin was awarded 8th dan in 2012 and became the first Russian to have been awarded the eighth dan, joining a handful of judo fighters in the world who have achieved such status. This should be yet aother reason Putin practices what he preaches.
Does he live my the #moral-code?? Not-on-your-life. Putin is the worst example of a martial artist I’ve ever seen. I know a few. The martial arts, for all intents and purposes is supposed to teach people how to save lives, not to take them.
What is the judo moral code?
The judo moral code is a set of ethics and values invented by Jigoro Kano. The code is made up of eight values: courtesy, courage, honesty, honour, modesty, respect, self-control and friendship and you can discover more about this by reading the book “Jigoro Kano and the Moral Code.”
THE WISDOM OF JIGORŌ KANŌ
Judo is a Japanese sport first established in Japan in 1882 by Professor Jigorō Kanō. Here is some of the wisdom of the founder of Judo:
Jigorō Kanō’s Five Principles of Judo:
1. Carefully observe oneself and one’s situation, carefully observe others, and carefully observe one’s environment,
2. Seize the initiative in whatever you undertake,
3. Consider fully, act decisively,
4. Know when to stop,
5. Keep to the middle.
• Judo is the way to the most effective use of both physical and spiritual strength.
• Judo in reality is not a mere sport or game. I regard it as a principle of life, art and science. In fact, it is a means for personal cultural attainment.
• Judo is the way of using one’s mental and physical strength in the most efficient manner.
• Through training and practicing techniques for offence and defence, one disciplines and cultivates body and spirit, and thereby masters the essence of this way. Thus the ultimate goal of Judo is to strive for personal perfection by means of this and to benefit the world.
• Before and after practicing Judo or engaging in a match, opponents bow to each other. Bowing is an expression of gratitude and respect. In effect, you are thanking your opponent for giving you the opportunity to improve your technique.
• Judo teaches us to look for the best possible course of action, whatever the individual circumstances, and helps us to understand that worry is a waste of energy.
• If there is effort, there is always accomplishment.
• There are people who are excitable by nature and allow themselves to become angry for the most trivial of reasons. Judo can help such people learn to control themselves. Through training, they quickly realize that anger is a waste of energy, that it has only negative effects on the self and others.
• In randori*, one must search out the opponent’s weaknesses and be ready to attack with all the resources at his disposal the moment the opportunity presents itself, without violating the rules of judo.
• Walk a single path, becoming neither arrogant with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens.
• Another tenet of randori is to apply just the right amount of force — never too much, never too little. All of us know of people who have failed to accomplish what they set out to do because of not properly gauging the amount of effort required. At one extreme, they fall short of the mark; at the other, they do not know when to stop.
• Judo should be free as art and science from any external influences, political, national, racial, and financial or any other organized interest. And all things connected with it should be directed to its ultimate object, the Benefit of Humanity. Human sacrifice is a matter of ancient history.
• There is nothing greater under the heavens than education. The virtue of one spreads to many; real education goes on for hundreds of years.
*literally meaning “chaos taking”, “chasing chaos” or “grasping freedom” randori 乱取り is the free practice of Judo.
Putin has categorically broken every rule.
If in fact Putin is such a strong believer/ practitioner of the martial arts as he claims he is; possibly we can open his eyes to and hope he comes to the realization everything he is doing; the #brutalization, #slaughter, #destruction he has #demonstrated is #totally-against everything martial arts stands for.
Is it possible; if the entire martial arts community #throughout-the-world got behind an #initiative by sending him a message #expressing-our-dissatisfaction how he has broken every rule and went against everything the martial arts is supposed to represent. Would that have a #bearing/impact his future murderess/ destructive activities??
I would like to kick it off by being the first one (#martial-artist) to take a step in that direction; hoping that all the other martial artist in the #world, starting with his right hand man #Steven #Seagal and all the other martial artists he #admires so #fervently, would support this #initiative. Possibly/hopefully there is something in his life that Putin holds in a #higher-regard more than himself and his #selfish-greedy-motives.
I have always maintained; we will never know unless we try/ask!!
If anyone is a #true-martial-artist; they are supposed to learn not how to destroy someone in battle (only if it is a matter of life and death, that not being the case with Putin); but how to conduct themselves by being an example to others, cherish other human beings and their lives, respect and treat #mankind with #honor, #dignity and #compassion. If a person does not follow those tenents to the letter all the person is a Fugazi and the pretender.
The object of the martial arts is creating/ practicing a WAY OF LIFE; not for the ambition of getting stripes on a belt.
Sensei Jigorō Kanō would be totally asamed of Putin and most probably would strip him of his rank.
Let all mankind, not just martial arts community, but every living human being on the face of the planet band together and to express our total and complete dissatisfaction with what this monster is doing. Speak it loud and clear; send this post to everyone you know, and maybe the voice of all civilized people united will have an impact moving forward.
I am trying to do my part; join me in this fight. Forward this message to everyone you know, ask them to do the same, and ask them to do the same, and #ask-them-to-do-the-same!!
If everyone in the world #banded-together against one man; it would be impossible for him to survive.
If we all work together not only in the Ukraine but through out the world, it would be possible to create peace and tranquility with all mankind. Wishful thinking?? You bet; we will never know unless we try/ask!!