Oscars 2019: Monica Lewinsky makes glamorous appearance at Vanity Fair party
The King of the Ring, Donald King loves to use the cliche he coined, ONLY IN AMERICA!!
Where else in the world can anyone with the unenviable reputation like Lewinsky has EARNER for herself, become a celebrity, developed iconic status and be admired by so many??
I am the 1st one to recognize her plight when she was a young, foolish, a starry eyed intern who was captivated (sucked in) by the charm of one of the most over-sexed presidents the country has ever seen. I will lay 90% of the blame on WB and the other 10% on Lewinsky.
After her romp in the hay with Wild Bill, she was ashamed and for the most part stayed away from public appearances. Now it seems like every couple of weeks, Lewinsky is making the news somehow.
I would not expect her to craw into a corner and hide; BUTT I also would not expect her to flaunt her status every chance she gets. It is almost like her badge of honor. Times sure have changed in the decency department. What I am amused by is the celeb status she attained. Is she supposed to be admired for her ACCOMPLISHMENTS or what? I don’t get it.
This and many other incidents just goes to show how the morality of the USA has gone down the tubes. Wild Bill, the guy that not only crossed the forbidden road with an intern, lied like a dog to the public, disgraced the office of the president, now is making a fortune with his speaking engagements. He should have been impeached and put on a deserted island for the duration.
WB is a hero and Lewinsky is a celebrated icon. Go figure.
When the kids look back on history and see what Lewinsky is honored for, that may encourage them to follow in her foot steps, or whatever. ANDDDD the PC – pathetic – parents will AXE themselves; where did I go wrong. Maybe.
Metaphorically speaking; It is a lot easier for the PC parent to buy birth control pills for their 12 year old daughters, than take the time to teach them right from wrong.