Cleveland Indians will abandon Chief Wahoo logo next year
Never in my very long life have I seen so many getting ramrodded and the shit kicked out of them by so few. The majority has turned into the minority.
Where in the hell is this PC-pathetic nonsense going to stop? It never will. Every-time we turn around, there is another crack pot coming up with another issue that doesn’t fit into their pitiful life styles and they want it changed.
Many of the issues they want to be changed have been on the books/traditional for centuries; BUTT now out of the clear blue sky, these fools found what they think is detrimental in their names or policies and want them changed.
As far as feeling sorry for the American Indians; I have some RESERVATIONS about that. The people that are running up the red flags because they think someone or something is using their names disrespectfully; are barking up the wrong tree. There have been dozens of generations that passed since the 1st American Indians got screwed by the United States government. How long can they continue to RIDE THAT PONY?? How long can they keep bleeding the system.
NOT ALL; butt a good percentage of the Indians are in dire straights because the government has created monsters out of them just like they did with the welfare recipients in this country that do not need it. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; give a man a fishing rid and he will eat for life.
It is a fact of life how the government has destroyed the American Indian by aiding and abetting their lifestyles, not wanting to work for a living. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; give a man a fishing rid and he will eat for life.
It is human nature for some people be as lazy and lethargic as they are permitted to be. How does that tie into being overly PC? The more idle time a person has on their hands, the more time it gives them to look for reasons to bitch and complain about nonsensical issues. Idle minds are the devil’s workshop!!
It used to be; before the PC rage came on the scene, using someone’s or something’s name or image in a display was a form of flattery. There is not one name out there that this PC-fools are bitching about that I can say is degrading or derogatory.
- Bristol Aztecs (British American Football League) – Bristol, England
- Bürstadt Redskins, an American Football club in Bürstadt, Germany
- Eberswalder Warriors, an American Football club in Eberswalde, Germany
- Garland Aztecs, Garland, Texas – Semi-Pro
- Kansas City Chiefs (NFL) – While adopting Native American imagery, the team was named in honor of Kansas City mayor Harold Roe Bartle who was instrumental in bringing the AFL Dallas Texans to Kansas City, MO in 1963 (becoming the last professional team to adopt an indigenous-derived name). Bartle earned his nickname as founder of a regional Boy Scouts honor camping society, the Tribe of Mic-O-Say, in which he was “Chief” Lone Bear. In 1989 the Chiefs switched from Warpaint, a Pinto horse ridden by a man in a feathered headdress, to their current mascot K. C. Wolf. Warpaint returned in 2009, but is ridden by a cheerleader.
- Southern California Apaches – (Semi-Pro, United Football Alliance League)
- Washington Redskins (NFL) See also: Washington Redskins name controversy
- Guarani Esporte Clube (CE), Juazeiro do Norte
- Guarani Esporte Clube (MG), Divinópolis
- Guarani Futebol Clube, Campinas
- Guarany Futebol Clube, Bagé
- Guarany Futebol Clube (Camaquã)
- Guarany Sporting Club, Sobral
- Associação Atlética Guarany, Porto da Folha
- Esporte Clube Guarani, Venâncio Aires
- Sociedade Esportiva, Recreativa e Cultural Guarani, Palhoça
- Sport Club Guarany, Cruz Alta
- Tupi Football Club, Juiz de Fora
- Tupynambás Futebol Clube, Juiz de Fora
- Colo-Colo, Santiago de Chile. Name relates to the Mapuche
- Lautaro, Buin. Also called Guerreros de Buín (Warriors Buín)
- Indios de Ciudad Juárez – Mexican football team
Australian rules football
All of these teams are composed of Indigenous Australians
- Flying Boomerangs (Australia), in reference to the boomerang, an indigenous Australian hunting tool and instrument.
- Indigenous All Stars (Australia), formerly known Aboriginal All-Stars
- Gauting Indians, a baseball and softball club from Gauting, a suburb of Munich, Germany. The women’s team is the “Squaws”.
- Atlanta Braves (Atlanta, Georgia) – originally Boston Braves, then Milwaukee Braves. The mascot Chief Noc-A-Homa existed until 1983 season, Princess Win-A-Lotta was introduced late 1970s, dropped at same time as Noc-A-Homa. In 1991 the Braves adopted the Tomahawk Chop from Florida State University when Deion Sanders joined the team.
- Caribes de Anzoátegui (Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela) – While Caribe is another name for the Kalina people, it is also a local term for piranhas, particularly in Venezuela. The team has no apparent use of indigenous imagery.
- Cleveland Indians (Cleveland, Ohio) – Receives the most attention due to its mascot, Chief Wahoo. While the origin of the name is sometimes attributed to Louis Sockalexis from the Penobscot tribe having played for the team, documentary evidence indicates otherwise.
- Criollos de Caguas– the word meaning creole in Spanish.
- Indios de Mayagüez – (Indians of Mayaguez) Puerto Rican Baseball team from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico.
- Mayos de Navojoa (Navojoa, Sonora, Mexico) – The Mayo people are indigenous to Sonora
- Yaquis de Obregón (Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, Mexico) – The Yaqui are indigenous to Sonora
Affiliates of the Atlanta Braves:
- Danville Braves (Danville, Virginia)
- Gulf Coast League Braves (Lake Buena Vista, Florida) – The team plays at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Mississippi Braves (Pearl, Mississippi)
- Rome Braves (Rome, Georgia)
Affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates:
Affiliate of the Texas Rangers:
All three existing NBA teams that previously used indigenous imagery have stopped doing so. (See Prior usage list below).
- Bendigo Braves (Bendigo, Victoria) play in the South East Australian Basketball League
- Guaiqueríes de Margarita, (LPB) – named after an indigenous people of Northern Venezuela also known as the Waikerí.
- Indios de Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, (Liga Nacional de Baloncesto Profesional)
- Portland Chinooks, Portland, Oregon, (International Basketball League)
- Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) – While retaining their name, the team has retired their mascot “Chief Wannawin”. The chief of a local First Nation applauds the move but is disappointed mascot was part of team for 20 years.
- Johnstown Chiefs (ECHL) — Named after the Charlestown Chiefs, the fictional team in the movie Slap Shot (partially shot in the real team’s home city of Johnstown, Pennsylvania). Team moved and became Greenville Road Warriors in 2010.
- Macklin Mohawks, Macklin, Saskatchewan
- Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
- Morden Redskins, (SEMHL)
- Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
- Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
- Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
- Swedish Hockey League
- Whitley Warriors (NIHL), Whitley Bay, United Kingdom. The women’s team is the “Squaws”.
- Ontario Lacrosse Association
- Major Series Lacrosse:
- Senior B Lacrosse:
- Six Nations Rivermen – Logo is an Indian paddling a canoe
- Junior A Lacrosse
- Junior B Lacrosse
- Quebec Senior Lacrosse
- Kahnawake Mohawks – Cartoon Indian head logo
- Kahnawake Tomahawks – Indian head logo
- West Coast Senior Lacrosse Association (WSCLA), British Columbia – The Association logo features an “Indian Head”
- The Chiefs, formerly the Waikato Chiefs (North Island of New Zealand) – a rugby union side in the Super Rugby competition. Their logo is a male figure holding a Māori club.
- Griquas, South African team named after the Griqua people, however their symbol is an oryx.
- Māori All Blacks, previously the New Zealand Māori, a rugby union side whose members must be at least 1/16 Māori
- The New Zealand Warriors, (Auckland, New Zealand) – plays in the Australian NRL competition. The team logo indicates the “Warrior” is an indigenous reference.
- Northland Taniwha, a rugby team in the Mitre 10 Cup named after a being from Māori mythology
- Exeter Chiefs (Exeter, Devon, England) – a rugby union side in the English Aviva Premiership, also uses the FSU war chant and an American Indian logo.
- Indigenous All Stars a.k.a. Indigenous All Stars or Indigenous Dreamtime. Dreamtime is an indigenous Australian religious/mythological term.
- New Zealand Māori rugby league team
- Indianerna (the Indians) are a Swedish motorcycle speedway team based in Kumla, Sweden at (Elitserien)
Prior pro usage
Many professional teams changed because they moved to another city, or went out of business (“Defunct” in table below).
Colleges and universities
Non-scholastic youth teams
- American Indian Little League, Palmdale, California
- Dornbirn Indians, Redskins, and “Little Indians”, a youth baseball club in Austria.
- Skokie Indians, Skokie, Illinois 
- Albemarle Redskins, Albemarle County, Virginia
- Antioch Redskins, Plant City, Florida
- Bennetts Creek Warriors, Suffolk, Virginia
- Derby Red Raiders, Derby, Connecticut 
- East Bay Warriors, Oakland, California
- Fort Braden Chiefs, Fort Braden, Florida
- FW Redskins, Goodyear, Arizona
- Immokalee Seminoles, Immokalee, Florida
- Lower Sussex Indians, Sussex County, Delaware
- Nonnewaug Chiefs, Woodbury, Connecticut
- Oak Cliff Redskins, Dallas, Texas
- Pomperaug Warriors, Southbury, Connecticut
- Reynolds Corner Redskins, Toledo, Ohio
- Southeast Apaches, San Antonio, Texas
- Southland Comanches, Colorado
- Stratford Redskin, Stratford, Connecticut
- Water Oak Indians, Watertown, Connecticut
- Western Albemarle Chiefs, Crozet, Virginia
- Willamette Redskins, Eugene, Oregon
- Antioch Redskins, Plant City, Florida 
- CLCF Football, Cranston, Rhode Island (Chiefs)
- Donaldsonville Redskins, Donaldsonville, Louisiana 
- Fauquier Youth Football, Fauquier County, Virginia 
- Grayling Redskins Youth Football, Grayling, Michigan
- Kanawha Youth Football Redskins, Richmond, Virginia 
- Lancaster Junior Redskins, Lancaster, New York
- Loudon Redskins Youth Football, Loudon, Tennessee 
- Patterson Redskins Youth Football & Cheer, Patterson, California
- Rochester Redskins Youth Football & Cheer, Rochester, Michigan 
- Sarasota Ringling Redskins, Sarasota, Florida
- South Cherokee Football and Cheer “Redskins”, Woodstock, Georgia
- Southwest Redskins, Houston, Texas 
- Sterling Heights Redskins, Sterling Heights, Michigan 
- Vienna Youth Inc. Football Chiefs, Vienna, Virginia
- Washington Redskins Midget Football, Washington, New Jersey
- Whittier Redskins, Whittier, California
- Woonsocket Redskins Youth Football and Cheerleading, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
- Copper Cliff Redmen, Copper Cliff, Ontario 
- Onion Lake Border Chiefs, Onion Lake Cree Nation
- Saddle Lake Warriors, Saddle Lake, Alberta
- Akwesasne Indians, Akwesasne, a Mohawk Nation that intersects the United States and Canada
- Elora Mohawks, Elora, Ontario
- Kitchener-Waterloo Braves, Kitchener, Ontario
- Kahnawake Hunters, Kahnawake, Quebec
- Mississauga Tomahawks, Mississauga, Ontario
- Six Nations Arrows, Hagersville, Ontario
- Six Nations Rebels, Hagersville, Ontario
- Six Nations Warriors, Hagersville, Ontario
- Tomahawks, Palo Alto, California
- Whitby Warriors, Whitby, Ontario
- Little Redskins, Illinois Kids Wrestling Federation (IKWF) sanctioned club (K-8th grade) in Morris, Illinois – Uses a version of the DC team logo[5
How many of the fore mentioned have insulted anyone or anything??
For decades and centuries many of these teams wore their name proudly and were admired by everyone. That is until, this sorry ass PC movement got kick started; now all of a sudden these names are an insult to the tribes or animals they are named after. Give me a %$#@*& break!!!
I will give more credit to the ball busting PC-ers than I do to the general population, because they are relentless in their quest to %#@& this world up. The general population/silent majority are the pathetic ones for allowing themselves to be trampled into the ground.
There are less and less people on the right in this country that have a backbone and are willing to speak up for what they feel is right, to defend old school principles and traditions. I will call them the RIGHTERS.
The RIGHTERS have allowed themselves to become the punching bag for the PC-ers and are steadily getting the shit knocked out of them. They remind me of a guy that gets into a fight and gives his opponent a baseball bat while he remains empty handed. He lays down and takes the beating.
I hope these fools realize something; butt they don’t,
once you give relinquish something, you will never get it back