Joel Osteen shows his true colors when Hurricane Harvey made a house call
It has always amazed me the number of people that FEEL THE NEED and are taken in by sweet-talking con-men like Osteen. The charlatans that claim god talks directly to them, the ones that expound on having a personal pipe line to heaven are all full of holy smoke. The only thing they have a pipeline to is their foolish flocks bank-rolls.
Recently; Osteen showed his true colors by not doing what should have been an automatic.
The smooth/fast talking, Chessy Cat, mega-church minister based in Houston DID NOT open the doors to his facility to the victims of Harvey.
When asked why he was negligent; his response was; I was never asked to.
Osteen insisted there were “safety issues” caused by the flooding, but he also said it was because the church was never asked by the city to become a shelter.
I say that is all double talk,. Didn’t Osteen ever hear of the 9th commandment, thou shall not lie??
“If they would have asked us to become a shelter early on, we would have prepared for it,” he told NBC’s “Today” on Wednesday. again. What would he have had to prepare out of the ordinary, except welcome the needy with open arms?
I say it was inconvenient for him and he did not want to get his money making house of worship into a state of disarray. First and foremost, her was fearful he would have to dig into his own coffers.
When the chips are down, GOOD/LEGITIMATE people do not have to be asked to do the right things or what should be expected of them, it should be automatic.
People like Osteen are too used to having their hands out but hide under a rock when it is their turn to come up shooting.
Meanwhile; there were multitudes of mosques and other facilities in Houston that did not require prior reservations. They opened their doors to the victims without be asked.
I could never figure out WHY so many lost souls are taken in by these con-men. What the hell they get out of these fast-talking preachers that stand at their pulpit running their mouth, is way beyond me.
All the while the preachers are laying the con down, their flunkies are passing the basket, raking in every dime they can to support their lavish life styles.
Many of the parishioners are living next to the poverty level but for some crazy reason, feel the necessity to shell out the little money they have to the sliver-tongued hustlers.
Take a look at Osteen’s little hide away and try to convince yourself that any of the high-flying preachers should be living such luxurious style off of their parishioners hard earned dollars.
The lifestyle they live on someone else dime is absolutely sinful. This is just one of his shacks.
The top 5 men-of-the-dollar net worth.
Kenneth Copeland — Net Worth $760 Million.
Pat Robertson — Net Worth $100 Million.
Benny Hinn — Net Worth $42 Million.
Joel Osteen — Net Worth $40 Million.
Creflo Dollar – Net Worth 27 Million.
A little background on the character, appropriately named, Creflo Dollar
- Rev Creflo Dollar asked his followers to dig deep to help him buy the world’s fastest private jet – a Gulfstream G650 – to replace his older model
- Clergyman runs World Changers Church and withdrew appeal for plane in face of mockery and criticism from other Christians
- But he owns a 53-acre estate near Atlanta, Georgia, drives a Rolls Royce and made a $1m profit selling his apartment in prestigious Manhattan tower
- Daily Mail Online can reveal he risked jail rather than reveal the source of his fortune when he was dragged into boxer Evander Holyfield’s divorce
- Senate committee who asked him and other preachers to explain their finances discovered $69m earnings in one year
- His spokesman tells Daily Mail Online that Dollar is now flying commercial as he spreads his ‘gospel of prosperity’
- Rev Dollar previously said of private jet travel: ‘In order for me to do what I have been called to do, the airlines, they don’t fly my schedule’
Dollar is not the exception to the rule of shysters; he is the rule when it comes to the con-men-of-the-dollar. The best part of their scam, they flaunt their over the top lifestyles directly in the faces of their followers as if they are entitled and the blinded flock keep sucking it up and showering them with Ca$h.
Over the years there have been many preachers that constantly walking on a tight rope between indecency and illegal activities. Dollar is just one of the pack.
Jimmy Jones – Jimmy Swaggart are just a small percentage of Bible thumpers that lived by the rule of; Do what I say, not what I do.
They both got their tit in a wringer for stealing money and extra marital affairs. But still, the flock kept donating.
10 Evangelist Preachers Who Fell From Grace
6 wealthy preachers under investigation
1. Benny Hinn—Benny Hinn is known around the world for his large healing crusades. His television show airs in over 100 countries, and during his time as an evangelist, Hinn claims to have seen people get healed from cancer and crippling diseases, and he even says he has seen a dead man resurrected.
While building his following, Hinn has earned quite a bit of money along the way. His ministry collects more than $200 million a year, and he’s admitted to his salary being over half a million. Hinn owns a private jet, lives in a $10 million house near the Pacific Ocean, stays in hotel rooms that cost thousands each night, and owns luxury vehicles. His lavish lifestyle was first exposed by Dateline NBC, and it’s now under investigation by the Senate.
2. Joyce Meyer—Since 1999, Joyce Meyer’s ministry has spent at least $4 million on 5 homes for Meyer and her children. Meyer’s house is a 10,000 square foot home with an 8-car garage, a large fountain, a gazebo, a private putting green, a pool, and pool house with a new $10,000 bathroom. Her salary was reported at $900,000 back in 2003, and she also enjoys use of a private jet and luxury cars. Needless to say, Meyer has been questioned for years, and she is once again under investigation by the government for possibly violating nonprofit laws.
3. Kenneth Copeland—Despite being under investigation, Kenneth Copeland refused to submit financial information about his ministry, saying “You can go get a subpoena, and I won’t give it to you. It’s not yours, it’s God’s and you’re not going to get it and that’s something I’ll go to prison over. So, just get over it.”
Copeland lives in a mansion that some have said is “the size of a hotel.” He also has acquired a $20 million Cessna Citation private jet for flying around the country to spread the word. And of course, he owns an airport for landing said airplane.
4. Creflo Dollar—Creflo Dollar was another televangelist who ignored the Senate’s request for probes into financial records. Dollar claimed he was concerned about the privacy of his donors, and he said that if the IRS requested it, he would send it over. However, since it was Congress asking for the information, he wouldn’t do so without a subpoena.
His church made $69 million back in 2006, and the church also provided him with a Rolls Royce. In Dollar’s words “Just because it (my life) is excessive doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong.”
5. Eddie Long—According to Eddie Long, Jesus wasn’t broke, and leaders of churches shouldn’t be either. Long has earned millions in salary from his ministry, owns a million dollar home on a 20-acre lot, has use of a $350,000 Bentley, and pulls in a host of other benefits too.
Long was also in the group of televangelists who refused to give the Senate the information requested of the ministry. Senatore Grassley, the leader of this investigation, said “When I hear about leaders of charities being provided a $300,000 Bentley to drive around in, my fear is that it’s the taxpayers who subsidize this charity who are really being taken for a ride.”
6. Randy and Paula White—The White’s ministry brings in millions each year, and they own million dollar homes across the country (including in Trump Tower). The couple has been under constant scrutiny for mismanagement of church funds, and they recently got divorced, further complicating matters for the ministry. At last check, they also failed to provide the Senate with all requested records.
Yet, even with all of the bad press the shysters get; the foolish flock are lining up by the numbers eager to grease their palms. Go figure.
I will concede, that there have been some, but very few, legitimate preachers that are true believers and are in the business of saving sinners souls. BUT for the most part, they are a bunch of silver-tongued, bull-shitting, con-men, only in the game to enrich themselves.
If Joel (with the Ipana smile) was a true believer, should he have to be asked to open his ministry and facilities to the victims of Harvey?
Only after he got nailed with bad press, Osteen was shamed into doing the right thing and did open up his money making facility.
If anyone is so inclined they feel the need to TALK TO THEIR LORD, they can do it from any place they happen to be. From their home, car, office, the beach or sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons. They do not have to go to a church or any other supposed religious facility to; cleanse their soul and their checking account.
To each their own!! I would rather pass around the few bucks I have to my family instead of some, silver-tonged conman.
As the old Italian saying goes; (possiamo sempre dire il vero carattere di una persona su come reagiscono quando i chip sono in discesa) we can always tell the true character of a person as to how they respond when the chips are down.
Osteen showed his true colors. I will bet 10 – 1 that the pews in his church will still be filled to capacity come the Sabbath with foolish people contributing to his lifestyle.
The credo of many of these con-men; there is a sucker born everyday and we are going to get them for all we can!!