I just finished cleaning my driveway with the snow blower and ran to the corner to buy my nightly lottery tickets.
Like so many other stiffs in the country and around the world I am waiting for my bonanza lottery ticket to come in. It has been a long wait.
While I was out I figure to kill some time and go to the “Tarnished Arches” and have a senior cup of coffee and one apple pie. (It was nice to see my niece AH working there)
Like everything else in the world prices are always going up but never down. The senior coffee used to be 65 cents, now it is 85 cents – the apple pies used to be 2 for 1.00 now they are 1.00 apiece. Probably better for the waist line, I only bought one.
I always ask for my purchases “to go” since I hate to pay anymore taxes than I have to.
As I walked away the lady that waited on me asked if I was going to sit down and I answered yes. She told me she needed the bag back and I thought she was kidding.
I went to sit down and she was right behind me asking for the bag. I said “what do you need the bag for, is Mc Donalds’ counting them”?
Now this is a good one. She told me that if anyone from the IRS came in and saw a customer with a bag Mc Donalds’ could be fined for not charging TAX for eating on the premises.
Just how desperate can our country get when they will fine a place for an infraction like that.
I could never figure out why we are taxed to eat in a place but not taxed if we carry out? That has always been a pet peeve of mine. One other peeve is having to put money into a parking meter when I am shopping in a store.
The following are a few of the taxes the American people pay to local, city, state and federal governments and they are still broke. These politicians have to ease back on some of their unlimited expenses.
Personal/Consumer Taxes & Fees – On the personal taxes they are all out of line but the ones with the *** are the over the top taxes
- Federal income tax
- State income tax
- Local income tax
- Employee social security tax (your employer pays the other half)
- Employee Medicare tax (your employer pays the other half)
- Property taxes
- Road toll charges ***
- State sales tax ***
- Driver’s license renewal fee ***
- TV Cable/Satellite fees & taxes ***
- Federal telephone surtax, excise tax, and universal surcharge ***
- State telephone excise tax and surcharge ***
- Telephone minimum usage and recurring/nonrecurring charges tax ***
- Gas/electric bill fees & taxes ***
- Water/sewer fees & taxes ***
- Cigarette tax ***
- Alcohol tax ***
- Federal gasoline tax
- State gasoline tax
- Local gasoline tax
- Federal inheritance tax ***
- State inheritance tax ***
- Gift tax ***
- Bridge toll charges ***
- Marriage license ***
- Hunting license ***
- Fishing license ***
- Bike license fee ***
- Dog permit/license ***
- State park permit ***
- Watercraft registration & licensing fees ***
- Sports stadium tax ***
- Bike/nature trail permit ***
- Court case filing fee
- Retirement account early withdrawal penalty ***
- Individual health insurance mandate tax *************
- Hotel stay tax ***
- Plastic surgery surcharge ***
- Soda/fatty-food tax ***
- Air transportation tax ***
- Electronic transmission of tax return fees ***
- Passport application/renewal fee ***
- Luxury & gas-guzzler car taxes
- New car surcharge ***
- License plate and car ownership transfer taxes
- Yacht and luxury boat taxes
- Jewelry taxes & surcharges
- State/local school tax
- Recreational vehicle tax ***
- Special assessments for road repairs or construction ***
- Gun ownership permit ***
- Kiddie tax (IRS form 8615) ***
- Fuel gross receipts tax
- Waste Management tax ***
- Oil and gas assessment tax
- Use taxes (on out-of-state purchase) ***
- IRA rollover tax/withdrawal penalties ***
- Tax on non-qualified health saving account distributions ***
- Individual and small business surtax (page 336 of Obamacare) ***
- Estimated income tax underpayment penalty ***
- Alternative Minimum Tax on income ***
Business Taxes & Fees – How does our government expect anyone to do business when they are inundated with all of these taxes – that is why big businesses are lave the USA for GREENER pastures. The taxes and paperwork are enough to discourage anyone from going into business.
- Federal corporate income tax
- State corporate income tax
- Tax registration fee for new businesses
- Employer social security tax
- Employer Medicare tax
- Federal unemployment tax
- State unemployment tax
- Business registration renewal tax
- Worker’s compensation tax
- Tax on imported/exported goods
- Oil storage/inspection fees
- Employer health insurance mandate tax
- Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (page 2001/Sec. 9007 of Obamacare)
- Tax on Innovator Drug Companies (Page 2010/Sec. 9008 of Obamacare)
- Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers (Page 2020/Sec. 9009 of Obamacare)
- Tax on Health Insurers (Page 2026/Sec. 9010 of Obamacare)
- Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans, i.e. “Cadillac” plans
- Tax on indoor tanning services
- Utility users tax
- Internet transaction fee (passed in California; being considered in other states and at federal level)
- Professional license fee (accountants, lawyers, barbers, dentists, plumbers, etc.)
- Franchise business tax
- Tourism and concession license fee
- Wiring inspection fees
- Household employment tax
- Biodiesel fuel tax
- FDIC tax (insurance premium on bank deposits)
- Electronic waste recycling fee
- Hazardous material disposal fee
- Food & beverage license fee
- Estimated income tax underpayment penalty
- Building/construction permit
- Zoning permit
- Fire inspection fee
- Well permit tax
- Sales and Use tax seller’s permit
- Commercial driver’s license fee
- Bank ATM transaction tax
- Occupation taxes and fees
One additional tax that will start at the first of 2014 is the Marijuana taxes in a couple of the states. The government will piss that away too and still have the crying towel out.
Looking over the list above; how many times are we duplicating the taxes we pay?
The American revolution started in 1760 because the British were taxing the hell out of the citizens in this country. I would not be a bit surprised if someday the American people get sick and tired of being taxed to death and we will have a repeat of 1760.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE – don’t forget to pay your taxes in 2014 and always get your goodies to go but hide the bag just in case you know who comes around.